Another prime example of a South African aesthetic physique – Jaco Moolman.
Good size and great genetics with a shredded look.
Age: 27 Height: 1,80 m Competition weight: 92 Kg Current weight: 95 Kg Current city: Cape Town, South Africa Occupation: Chartered Accountant, Fitness Model, Personal Trainer and Nutritionist
I know my body very well and listen to the signals it gives me. I never starve myself and follow a diet enriched with low GI carbohydrates. I keep my fat intake low and have moderate protein.
I believe champions are made in the off season so my food intake is just slightly more compared to when I prep and I’ll have cheat meals as I wish.
My competition prep diet is as follows:
- Meal 1-4: 150g chicken, 300g basmati rice.
- Meal 5: 300g rump steak, 150g oats, 40g peanut butter.
I use spice and low cal sauces to make my food tasty.
I weigh my food pre comp, and off season I’ll guess. It’s a form of control and helps you make adjustments should you like to lose more body fat or gain muscle fullness. It is recommended but not necessary.
3 BEST NUTRITION TIPS TO GAIN MUSCLE
- Eat. Eat Eat. If you’re not eating enough quality food, it won’t simply happen.
- A calorie is not a calorie.
- Stick to the basics, be patient, and before you know it, its like magic happens.
3 BEST NUTRITION TIPS TO LOSE FAT
- Calorie control. If you are consuming too much then that fat is not coming off.
- Watch what you drink. Try to stick to water, black coffee and tea’s.
- Experiment with carbohydrate cycling, keto, high carbohydrate and see what works for you.
PHILOSOPHY ON TRAINING
I am as hardcore as it gets. Workouts last about 2 hours and I follow stock standard old school bodybuilding methods. Good form and good reps, with good intensity.
Jaco Moolman’s WEB links:
Behind the scenes video during a photoshoot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnWHVIuR9Ng
Jaco Moolman’s PHOTOS